Winter Benefit Social 2015
A Gathering of Music and Merriment
Enjoy a music-filled evening while you sip, socialize, and raise money for a good cause Each December, we gather to celebrate the year’s joys and successes by funding our MPQG Grant Program, now in its 36th year of giving.
Bring your generous spirits, and a friend or two to share the evening. All funds raised benefit organizations that educate about quilting and fiber arts.
Here are some of the ways that you may help to boost our grant funds to worthy recipients:
Festive Raffle Baskets
- Thanks to those individuals and small quilt groups bringing their lovely raffle baskets to the party.
- Please include the names of the donors along with a list of the items in the basket
- Please deliver your basket by 6:15 p.m
Appetizer and Dessert Buffet
- Bring finger foods of your choice
- Disposable plates may be used
- If bringing china, please label all pieces and plan on taking them home with you at the end of the evening
Raise Your Hands
Thanks to those who’ve volunteered their time, tasty treats, and gift baskets. We’re counting on you! Here’s what is still needed to assure a sensational evening:
- Be the leader for set up of the buffet table. Set up at 6:00 p.m.
- Buffet table helpers
- Clean up after the party
- take home the tablecloths, wash and deliver to Sharon Coniglio -- THANKS TO SHARON FOR THOSE FESTIVE TABLECLOTHS ON LOAN
Bring $$$ / Spend Lavishly:
Bring a friend or two, and a generous amount of cash to purchase tickets for a chance to win a gift basket. Tickets may be purchased for $1 per ticket, 6 tickets for $5, 12 tickets for $10, and 24 tickets for $20.
Another component of this rewarding evening happens when we give away the community quilts. If you have any community quilts waiting to be finished, now is the time to complete them.
Meetings are generally held on the first Monday of every month at:
Social time begins at 6:30 p.m. and the meeting starts promptly at 7:00 p.m.